A downloadable tabletop rpg
Charge RPG is a free, open and generic role-playing game.
It uses a quick dice resolution mechanics inspired by Forged in the Dark games, but with an entirely new spin, using clever ways to make the players want to engage with the game as much as possible.
Charge comes in three flavors:
With Charge, you can
- Easily create characters for any setting.
- Embrace the style of play you are the most interested in.
- Use built-in dials to decide if you want a grimmer or bigger than life adventure.
- Create a compelling campaign full of interesting world forces.
- Pick and choose extras to tell the story you want to tell.
- and more...
Powered By Charge
There are now dozens of published games powered by Charge. Go give them a look!
On top of that, the Charge Creation Jam recently ended with a bunch of fantastic entries.
If you want to publish your own Powered by Charge game, check-out the Charge SRD to get started!
What Folks Are Saying...
License & Attribution
Charge RPG is released under Creative Commons Attribution CC-BY.
That means that if you want to make a game using or based by this game, you just need to give us attribution for our work.
Because Charge is based off Blades in the Dark, you would also need to include attribution to the creators of this game as well.
To do so, copy the text below in your own game and things should be good to go.
This work is based on Charge, product of Fari RPGs (https://farirpgs.com/), developed and authored by René-Pier Deshaies-Gélinas, and licensed for our use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
This work is also based on Blades in the Dark (found at http://www.bladesinthedark.com/), product of One Seven Design, developed and authored by John Harper, and licensed for our use under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).
More by Fari RPGs
|Author||Fari RPGs (René-Pier Deshaies)|
|Tags||charge-rpg, fate, Forged in the Dark, generic, Narrative, Tabletop role-playing game|
|Links||Patreon, Twitter, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- The Dash Jam Has StartedSep 02, 2022
- Released: PDF of the Charge SRDDec 30, 2021
- New Extra: Magic ExtraDec 15, 2021
- New Extra: World ExtraNov 26, 2021
- Released: Charge Character KeeperNov 01, 2021
- Funded: EverythingOct 22, 2021
- Funded: Charge CondensedOct 16, 2021
- Funded: Gear ExtraOct 15, 2021